Decatur, Illinois   Est. 1918

 

The Tea's History

Trinity CME Church held its first Tea in the original church Fellowship Hall at North and Jackson Streets.  It was sponsored by the Council of Women under the administration of Reverend D.S. Cunningham.  The tables were beautifully decorated with patriotic emblems.  The atmosphere was full of the spirit of friendly fellowship and conversation.

 

Over the years, the event flourished into a beautiful community and church activity.  It is supported by members and friends in and out of town.  It has become Trinity’s leading event of the year. 

 

We, the members of Trinity CME Church, will continue to strive each year to make it better!